Areas of Application
Suitable for new and old metal roofs and walls, general shop work and production line work, tanks, pipes, cranes, agricultural parts, earthmoving equipment, structural steel and production line priming. Normally over coated with conventional air-drying, spraying finishes such as Insul Insulation.
Metal Roofs – Unpainted/Previously Painted
After attending to the repairs/preparation as appropriate and ensuring that all loose or flaking paint has been removed, apply one coat of Solacoat WB Metal Primer by spray, brush or roller at a spreading rate of 10 – 14 square metres per litre. Allow a minimum of 2 hours for the primer to dry before application of the first coat of Solacoat topcoat at a spreading rate of 10 – 14 square metres per litre. The second coat of Solacoat topcoat can be applied at a spreading rate of 10 – 14 square metres per litre after a minimum of another 2 hours drying period for Solacoat Pastels and 4 hours for Solacoat Dark colours.
Covers approximately 10 – 14 square metres per litre per coat depending on the surface and substrate profile.
- Approximate drying times at 25°C and 50% Relative Humidity.
- Touch dry: 30 – 45 minutes
- Drying times may be extended by adverse drying conditions or high film builds.
Preparation and Application Advice on Topcoats and Primers
Preparation details on all the following:
- Structural / Mild Steel with light rust
- Steel – Medium to heavy rust visible
- Aluminium Pipelines, Tanks, Buildings
- Galvanised, zincalum and zinc silicate coated steel
- New or unpainted Metal Roofs and Walls
- Rough Concrete Roofs (Unpainted or Painted)
- Smooth Concrete Roofs (unpainted or Painted)
- Concrete Bridge (smooth finish – painted or unpainted)
- Bitumen Roof (unpainted, painted or with Quartz Rock)
- Timber (Painted or Unpainted)
For complete product specifications and MSDS please get in touch.