Solar Reflective Index
The Solar Reflective Index is calculated by the Solar Reflectance Value and the Thermal Emittance value. The higher value indicates higher solar reflectivity.
SRI of Solacoat Cream is 106.1%.
Reflecting heat away, translates into savings for the consumer in, cooling costs, maintenance costs, and provides a positive result for the environment.
Benefits of Solacoat
Reduce heat from getting in with a reputable heat reflective and cost effective coating. Solacoat requires 1 x 60 micron thickness wet of Primer and 2 x 60 micron thickness wet topcoat applied to the surface.
- Assists in preventing your building from heating up
- Assists in preventing your walls and pavements from heating up
- Assists in reducing internal temperatures
- Assists in reducing electricity cooling costs
- Assists in reducing green house gas emissions for air-conditioned buildings
- Assists in inhibiting rust, corrosion and thermal expansion, ensuring durability
- Assists in protecting properties and assets (heat sensitive)
- Non-Toxic Environmentally safe and friendly
- Assists in conducive and liveable environments
- Contains anti-fungal and anti-mould properties
- Easy to apply
- 10 year limited warranty
- Manufactured in NATA & APAS approved facilities.
“Solacoat is easy to apply, as each coat is only 60 microns wet and dries to approximately 80 microns, (after 2 coats) & unlike normal paint coatings, Solacoat will keep performing for a minimum of 10 years”.
Architecturally, Solacoat presents an exceptional appearance, durability, with excellent waterproofing properties and a protective coating in lieu of standard paint finished coatings.
Add Solacoat Waterproofing System
Solacoat Waterproof System is a geoengineered coating method that completely seals and waterproofs flat, non-vehicular trafficable commercial concrete roofs. The elastomeric coating system consists of one coat of Solacoat CP Porous Primer and one coat of Solacoat Waterproofing Topcoat for heat reflection, and is non-slip, leaving no more excessive heat build up in the concrete slab.
By moderating external roof top temperatures permits access for servicing roof-mounted equipment such as cooling towers, air-conditioners as well as ensuring a lower ambient internal temperature in which these essential equipment units are operating.
Flexible and durable the heat reflective membrane coating resists UV degradation, ponded water and many industrial chemical environments. Due to the heat reflectance, the coating will remain cool and should last longer than conventional waterproofing.
For a more favourable and liveable environment with the added benefit of reduced electricity bills, during those Hot Summer Days, we believe Solacoat is a smart solution!
- Commercial buildings
- Factories & Warehouses
- Shopping Malls, Cold Storage Areas
- Hospitals & Malls
- Storage Facilities
- Oil / Gas / Water Tanks
- Poultries. Piggeries and Animal Refuges
- High durability
- Good Colour Range of Pastel & Dark Colours
- Low toxicity
- Proven Resutls over 10+ years
- Exported around the world
- Using standard Spray Gun & Tips, roller and/or brush
Preparation and Application Advice on Topcoats and Primers
Preparation details on all the following:
- Structural / Mild Steel with light rust
- Steel – Medium to heavy rust visible
- Aluminium Pipelines, Tanks, Buildings
- Galvanised, zincalum and zinc silicate coated steel
- New or unpainted Metal Roofs and Walls
- Rough Concrete Roofs (Unpainted or Painted)
- Smooth Concrete Roofs (unpainted or Painted)
- Concrete Bridge (smooth finish – painted or unpainted)
- Bitumen Roof (unpainted, painted or with Quartz Rock)
- Timber (Painted or Unpainted)
For complete product specifications and MSDS please get in touch.